RESPONSIBLE SOURCING GUIDELINES (RSG)
No peaty soil use (Peat Land)
No felling of Primary Forest
No slash and burn
Biodiversity Conservation (HCV)
Sustainable use of water
Protection of orangutans
Compliance with national and international regulations
Social working conditions for employees
Fair treatment of small farmers
Additional premium on the world market price (structural development aid)
PRO FAIR TRADE certificates
GHP Suisse & RSPO IP plus
Swiss Perfection – GHP Suisse Certification
GHP Suisse is a cross-industry solution, a quality management system that is broadly based and meets the requirements of the food industry by implementing risk management and a comprehensible traceability statement.
The GHP concept is supported by the neutral Flood Commission, which is annually verifies the concept and is responsible for the release of the adjustments and guarantees:
- Security through contractually regulated guidelines
- Guidelines for sampling methods, samples and quality
- Regulations for minimizing carryover (GMO, organic and critical products)
- Unifyied procedure for the recall of a product
- Risk-based analysis of the traded products with analysis plans
- Safe storage, proper handling, hygienic transport
- Certificate of cleaning methods and the loading procedures for each transport whether truck, train or ship
- Process control (hygienic and operational safety regulations)
- Risk-based analysis of the working processes with test plans
- Uniform requirements for incoming and outgoing goods as well as quality-preserving measures such as pest control, handling, storage temperature measurements, storage controls, etc.
- Ensuring the refrigerated and frozen chain
- Continuous training of the storekeepers and the transporters in the topics of silo, sensory testing, loading and unloading control, and hygiene and control measures
- Sporadic review of the employees by means of checklist
- GHP Suisse conducts an annual internal audit.
RSPO – Roundtable on Sustainable Palmoil
Pro Fair trading AG is following RSPO certified for the following logistics variants for palm oil from the plantation to the final product:
- Identity Preserved (IP): Strict physical separation of certified palm oil of different plantations; the goods are not mixed in the mill nor up up to the final delivery at the client’s destination.
- Segregation (SG): Isolated goods flow of certified and of conventional Palm oil. Contains physically sustainable palm oil of one or more RSPO-certified plantations.
- Mass Balance (MB): Controlled mixing of certified and conventional palm oil.
Pro Fair Trade delivers only IDENTIY PRESERVED (IP) Palmoil products to Switzerland.
Sustainable palm oil from a single identifiable certified source is kept separately from non-certified palm oil throughout supply chain.
Identity Preserved IP
The Identity Assurance (IP) supply chain model ensures that an RSPO-certified oil palm product delivered to the end user can be traced back to a clearly identifiable RSPO-certified mill and its certified supply base. All participants in the supply chain must ensure that the RSPO-certified oil palm product is physically separated from all other oil palm sources in the supply chain (including other RSPO-CSPO sources).
The segregation (SG) supply chain model ensures that RSPO-certified oil palm products that are delivered to the end user only come from RSPO-certified sources. It allows the mixture of RSPO-certified palm oil, which comes from several sources.
RSPO Massbalance (MB)
The mass balance supply chain model (MB) administratively monitors the trade in RSPO-certified oil palm products along the entire supply chain and serves to advance mainstream trade in sustainable palm oil. The mass balance can only be used at location level (mass balance credits cannot be transferred from one location to another).
The mass balance supply chain model allows every participant in the supply chain to show their commitment to sustainable palm oil production and to actively promote the trade in RSPO-certified palm oil.
The mass balance system enables RSPO-certified and non-RSPO-certified palm oil to be mixed at every stage of the supply chain, provided that the total quantities of the site are controlled.
Supply Chain Yield Schemes for the Mass Balance Model
The values in the mass balance supply chain model listed below are fixed and cannot be changed. Companies can use their own actual income if it can be justified in the audit. Alternatively, the numbers listed below are used.